Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thing 20

I had barely looked at YouTube before. I had many videos sent to me through e-mail, etc. , but I had not searched the site for videos before. I had a lot of fun looking at all the creativity involved. Some of my favorite things to look at was clips from old television. I found the site to be very user friendly. I like the ratings on the videos and how many times they were viewed. I let that guide me at times on what to watch and what to skip. If there is a down side, it is that there are more clips than I could ever even imagine. Time would pass so quickly and I didn't even realize how long I had been exploring. I chose to add a Sesame Street clip of Cookie Monster in the library to my blog. I love that it is so dated (note the librarian stamping the dates on the books), but it still deals with all the available resources in the library. The video is just fun and nostalgic. I saw many other videos that were useful and I was able to see samples of video produced to promote the library. It gave me the idea of possibly letting my library helpers produce a video to promote our upcoming book fair or just to promote our collection. It could be fun to show school-wide and if students wanted to view it from home, they could use You Tube. I know I will continue to visit YouTube simply because I had so much fun.

Here is Sesame Street at the Library

1 comment:

lyle.metzler said...

I echo your comments on YouTube. When I finished that Thing, I told my wife I know now why some people spend way to much time there. Isn't the range of clips amazing. Of course, that means there is a great deal of mining to get the trash removed from the treasure to post to the websites.

Great response to a Great Thing!