Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thing 7

The Google tools were very user friendly. I found it easy to access and use them, along with adding or removing features. I decided to use the Google Alerts before I fully read and understood the feature. I set up a comprehensive alert for "news". You can imagine my e-mail alerts in a matter of minutes. I left it that way for one afternoon and quickly removed it to look for something I could use and appreciate. I now have an alert set for children's books. I will be curious to see how it will work for me. I also set up an iGoogle homepage. There are so many fun ways to customize the pages, especially when the filter is removed from so many of the "fun" pages. My homepage is http://www.google.com/ig. I am still playing with arranging and accessing the different features. I think it would be fun to set up an iGoogle page for the teachers to visit. It could include both de-stressers and current, useful links. It would be a great way to include access to a lot of current information, in one compact site. It would also work for setting up a page for students that could include book lists, reviews, etc. I would need to check into setting up different accounts for each I think. In all, Thing 7 has been easier to navigate and it really has limitless possibilities for iGoogle.

No comments: